From small, family businesses to some of Australia’s largest employers, a diverse range of businesses in a wide variety of industry sectors claim fuel tax credits.
There are more than 600,000 separate claims for fuel tax credits every year.
Some of the more high-profile activities eligible for fuel tax credits include farming, mining and rail transport.
But there are many activities that attract fuel tax credits that are perhaps less well understood, including:
- Residential home building
- Scientific research
- Manufacture of pharmaceuticals
- Architecture and engineering services
- Seafood processing
- Electricity generation
- Museum operations
- Airport operations
- Child care services
- Scenic and sightseeing transport
- Car repairs and maintenance.
- Book publishing